Leads, leads, leads. The more of them you have the more you want – that’s just part of doing business. What you look for first is a larger number of leads, and then you work your way to get better quality of leads, as your goal is to end up with good potential customers.
While wanting more leads is a great thing, getting them requires a lot of moving pieces to work together.
There are many ways to get leads – some easy to implement, some successful while some may be ridiculously expensive. The key is to find the most precise yet cost-effective solution. And a lot of organizations find the key in good old email campaigns. That’s because it finds your prospect in the place they spend the maximum amount of time, i.e. their inbox. To run an effective email campaign there are a few basic elements marketers need to keep in mind. In this short blog, we talk about the 4 most effective ways to generate more leads from your email marketing.
Let’s get started:
1. Have the perfect subject line: Your subject line is the most crucial element for the success of your email campaign. You may have a great product or service but it will be of no use if your email sits unread. So before anything else, you should be spending a lot of time in creating the perfect subject line. Having said that, there is no instant answer as to what is a perfect subject line. You may have to follow the good old trial and error method until you arrive at a conclusion as to what works for your specific audience versus what does not. But there are some things you can keep in mind while coming up with a great subject line:
– Do not make a sale in the subject line: With so many marketers sending out ‘sales’ stuff, people’s curiosity has become saturated. Instead of trying to be devious, try solving the problem they have, through a need which your service addresses. Instead of saying “get this service at 50% discount” say “close your loans faster at 50% less cost”.
– Personalize your subject line: Emails with personalized subject lines are 26% more likely to be opened! Today’s customers are bombarded with emails and you as a marketer should constantly look for ways to cut through the noise & reach your audience. A simple “Hello Mark” instead of “Hello” or “Hello there” makes a lot of difference between your email being read and your email lying unread.
Emails with personalized subject lines are 26% more likely to be opened!
– Campaign Monitor
– Experiment with numbers: Try adding numbers to your email subject line and see the difference. Our research shows using numbers in subject line drives more opens and engagement while reducing the number of unsubscribes.
2. Keep it short & simple: You don’t want to send an email which has 3 paragraphs and 60 lines of information just like you don’t want to read an email which is that big, especially when you want the user to take an action like click on ‘submit’ or your ‘call to action’ button. No one has the time or the patience to sit and read through your email if it is too verbose. You just have a few seconds to create an impression and get your message through before your email ends up in the trash folder. Trying ‘infographic’ emails are a great way to get attention – however, with these type of emails, there is always the risk of the image not getting downloaded and the whole email looking really messy and sometimes unreadable. Not good for your brand image.
3. Offer high value & relevant content, consistently: If you want your prospects to subscribe to your mailing list then make sure you deliver some type of value in every email. Sending out sales emails all the time promoting yourself creates a bit of disconnect. Sooner rather than later, your emails will end up in your recipients’ spam folder and you do not want that. E–newsletters are a great way to deliver unique content to your prospects and start meaningful conversations. By providing relevant content continuously you are building stronger relationships which will eventually end up in conversions. If you find it difficult to create quality newsletters then you can work with vendors like SLK Global Solutions who work with 100+ title agents and are very familiar with the Title insurance industry.
4. Have a compelling CTA: Let’s say you followed the above 3 suggestions and have a great subject line convincing the recipient to open & read your email. Now what? You need to ensure that once you have engaged your reader, you need to direct them to a place you want, be it your blog page, your website or just a landing page to capture more information from them. To do that, you need to have a very compelling ‘Call to Action’ button. Now a call to action button can be something simple like “Submit” or something more interesting like “Take me there”. Try using action words like “Attend”, “Download”, “Register”. Even the colors of a CTA button makes a huge difference. For instance, in a test, HubSpot found that red buttons worked better than green buttons.
All in all, email marketing is a powerful tool to generate new leads & to engage with your audience. Use the above tips to help you get the maximum from your email marketing campaigns.
We would love to get your thoughts. Comment below and let us know what you think of the above tips & how you are using email marketing to increase sales & drive customer retention. Alternatively, you can reach out us via email by clicking here.